The eTownz Dashboard is provided by eConcept Web Solutions trading as eConcepts. eConcepts is acting as data processors for the organisation that is the data controller for this Dashboard, eTownz. These terms relate to how the Dashboard should be used to provide a safe and positive environment for everyone.
About eTownz Dashboard
eTownz Dashboard (hereinafter referred to as “the Dashboard”) is a web and mobile Dashboard provided to encourage and enable collaboration with local stakeholders. The dashboard allows you to submit local ‘records’, which includes local amenities, public services, businesses and current/planned community projects. Etc. You can then stay informed about community initiatives, clubs/groups, comment and interact with application users and also participate in crowdsourcing by commenting on issues, making suggestions and mapping other information.
Your privacy is very important to us. Please read the Privacy Notice to see how eConcepts collects, uses and protects your personal information as data processor on behalf of eTownz. We recommend that you read this before you use or register with the Dashboard.
Your use of the Dashboard
Representing a company or other entity
What you agree to when joining the Dashboard
It is your responsibility, bearing in mind the global nature of the Internet, to comply with all applicable laws which may apply to your use of the Dashboard and to the material you post.
eConcepts accepts no liability for any Material posted on the Dashboard by users. eConcepts is not responsible for and does not endorse the contents of user’s submissions or warrant the accuracy, truthfulness, legality or reliability of submissions.
To ensure fair use, and safe community space, you agree to NOT use the Dashboard to:
- post illegal or abusive Material
- treat others with disrespect
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights
- (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others
- identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18
- harm minors in any way
- solicit passwords or personally identifying information
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Dashboard administrative areas or interface, to user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Dashboard site, through password mining or any other means
- post Material that contains violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website
- post Material that promotes or encourages illegal activity facilitate or encourage any
- post Material that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right or intellectual property right of any party
- post Material that contains software viruses or harmful programs
Your account and its details
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to create a password and you will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username and for keeping your password secure. We strongly recommend you do not reuse a password which you also use elsewhere.
You agree not to share your account with anyone. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password. You may change your password or profile by following instructions on the site.
eConcepts will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using or accessing your password or account, either with or without your knowledge.
Posting on the Dashboard
You are solely responsible for your conduct and any Material that you submit, post, and/or display on the Dashboard. You agree not to post Material contrary to the Moderation policy.
The Dashboard operates on a “notice and takedown” basis. If you believe that any content on the Dashboard contains a defamatory statement, please raise it immediately through the Dashboard or with the official body or department responsible for the area to which the content relates.
Rights of eConcepts
Indemnity and waiver
You agree to indemnify, defend (at the request of eConcepts), and hold harmless eConcepts, our contractors, employees, and /or technology providers, from and against any third party claim, demand, loss, damage, cost, or liability including reasonable legal expenses, made or brought by any third party due to or arising out of:
- Your use of the Dashboard or any part thereof,
- The infringement or misappropriation by you, or a third party using your computer, of any account or password to access and/or use the Dashboard,
- The infringement of any intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
The agreement shall be governed by Irish law.
eConcept Web Solutions is Irish company Registered No. 510686
You can contact us at [email protected]
eTownz’s ‘eTownz Dashboard’ web and mobile platform is a free service provided to encourage and enable collaboration with local stakeholders. The application allows you to submit local ‘records’, which includes local amenities, public services, businesses and current/planned community projects. Etc. You can then stay informed about community initiatives, clubs/groups, comment and interact with application users and also participate in crowdsourcing by commenting on issues, making suggestions and mapping other information.
eTownz fully respects your right to and is committed to protecting your privacy. The company will not collect any personal information about you on its websites or apps without your explicit consent. Any information, which you submit via the dashboard will be treated with the highest possible standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the current legislation including EU GDPR 2016/679 and DP Act 2018. This privacy statement sets out how eTownz (Data Controller) and eConcept Web Solutions Ltd. (the Data Processor and the company that runs the eTownz service) process your personal data, secure this personal data, and the various policies that are in place in compliance with the above legislation.
The company reserves the right to amend the scope of the privacy notice at any time which may include or exclude other sites or Dashboards.
Identity and the contact details of the controller:
The Data Controller is eTownz., Liffey Trust Centre, Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1,
Contact details of the data protection officer:
– – Data Protection Officer email: [email protected]
– – Phone: (01) 5240040
Identity and the contact details of the processor:
The Data Processor is eConcept Web Solutions Ltd., Liffey Trust Centre, Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1,
– email: [email protected]
How we collect your information
The eTownz Dashboard, known as the “dashboard”, and the data processor, eConcepts, collects personal information from you on our behalf, to facilitate your responses to public consultations, public engagement with other respondents and your participation on the Dashboard. Your data is collected in the following ways:
- Directly from your account information and user provided content on the Dashboard via the account registration form, submission forms, issues forms, suggestions forms, survey forms, comment boxes; votes and likes.
- Automatically through third party services and the Dashboard’s technologies including information from your account profile on Third Party Services and tracking online
The information you provide
Most of the features of the eTownz Dashboard are based directly on crowdsourcing content that users provide when using eTownz Dashboard. This content consists of the various pieces of information associated with the individual answers, suggestions, issues or other reports submitted through eTownz Dashboard. This information can include:
- Contact details, including your name, display name and email address,
- Gender and age;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Tracking codes, such as cookies;
- Submissions, comments, emails, feedback about the Dashboard, indicators of support to other users, points earned, levels achieved, rewards ordered and used and other content you provide via the use of the Dashboard. For issues, suggestions or other reports content such as the title of the report, a textual description of the report, the physical location of the report and a user-provided photograph showing the issue, suggestion or other report is necessary.
- In many cases, the default physical location of the issue, suggestion or other report is generated from obtaining GPS or other geolocation information directly from the user’s computer or mobile device.
- Information related to your mobile device, such as your phone’s operating system (iOS or android), model type and device year class, screen settings and operating system version number.
- Consent to receive emails from registration confirmation, subscriptions, notifications and messages including date and time of consent;
- Anonymized Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used to connect your phone or computer to the Internet;
- Account creation and last log-in date and time;
- Logging acceptance of the Privacy Notice and other Terms and Conditions;
- Audit of moderation tasks on your submission
If you make a submission to some types of consultation, there is, or may be, a requirement to provide personal data such age, age group, nationality, location, etc. The Dashboard requests these details at the beginning of some consultations in the form of profile questions and answers in order to facilitate your participation in all types of consultation, in an efficient and effective manner.
Some types of communications from the Dashboard require your consent. These include messages and notifications. You may choose to opt-in to receiving notifications etc. which you can withdraw at any time.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information that is processed by us. These rights are listed below. These rights are not absolute and apply subject to certain conditions. For example, your rights may include:
- The right to be informed;
- The right to access personal data held by us about you;
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you;
- In certain circumstances, the right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you;
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you;
- In certain circumstances, a right to receive personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organization, at your request;
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling
- The right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you); and
- The right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data
To exercise these rights please contact [email protected] Some rights you can exercise directly on the Dashboard via your Profile page; Settings page; Manage Consent page; and by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal information. These facilitate you keeping your personal details up to date and prevent certain types of processing.
With regard to communications, if at any point you wish to review or change your preferences, you can use the ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us. Note that you may still receive transactional communications regarding your submissions.
To inquire about or exercise other rights please email the data controller. eConcepts will action any instructions from the data controller with respect to your request.
Obligation to provide personal data
In order to provide certain services to you, the Council requires your personal data, and cannot provide the services without this data. Where the council requires this data, it will be made clear to you, on application for these services, what personal data will be required to be held and processed by the Council.
What we need and why we need it
We may use information we hold about you in the following ways:
Information you give us.
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations to process your responses to public consultations and use the data to optimize public services;
- To process your submissions (issues, suggestions or other report);
- To provide you with information;
- To notify you of confirmation that we have received your response to a consultation and/or your submissions;
- To notify you of confirmation that you have earned points and ordered or used rewards;
- To issue you with vouchers/ discounts or other rewards when points are redeemed;
- To notify you about changes to any of our services;
- To communicate with you to gain feedback on the Dashboard in order to improve it as a tool for public consultation;
- To ensure that content from the Dashboard is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information collected about you by the Dashboard
This information is used:
- To administer the Dashboard and for internal operations, including troubleshooting and testing;
- To improve the Dashboard to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- To keep the Dashboard safe and secure;
- To help improve the reach and inclusiveness of public consultations and digital public services the Dashboard is using third party services such as Facebook Connect and/or Google Connect.- Any information provided in this manner, is not made available to any third parties, and is used by eTownz solely for the purposes for which it is provided.
Our legal basis for using your information
The legal grounds on which we rely to use collect and process your information are:
- To allow us, eTownz, to exercise our legal obligation with regard to public consultations and innovative public services. We have a legal obligation to process your personal information, provided through the Dashboard in order to enable your participation in public consultations and innovative public services.
- We rely on the legal obligation and consent to process your personal information, which you provide to us on feedback forms, and to process personal information that we collect from you when you use the Dashboard.
- It is also in our legitimate interest that your information is processed in order to administer the Dashboard, and to ensure that content from the Dashboard is presented to you effectively and securely, so that you can respond and engage online in public consultations and innovative public services.
How long we hold your data
We will retain your data until such time as you remove your consent – We will keep your data for a period of 12 months. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by anonymizing all information.
Storage of your information, international data transfers and security
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Dashboard, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Dashboard; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Most transfers of data will be within the European Union and therefore covered by GDPR. In the case where transfers may be made outside the EU, for example for development or software testing purposes, we will ensure the recipients are in full compliance with the requirements of the GDPR. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and all applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will share your data with the data processer.
We will not share your information with third parties. However some third parties may occasionally have restricted access to areas of the Dashboard where your data is stored for the purposes of providing the Dashboard service, development, testing and fixing of the Dashboard. In these cases, the third parties will also be bound by data protection agreements that comply with the GDPR.
Your personal data is not used for any automated decision-making.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. The eTownz Dashboard does not collect cookies on the mobile application.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to modify the Privacy notice at any stage. If and when we make changes to our privacy notice, we’ll share details of these changes on this page. Please continue to check this page to ensure that you are always aware of any changes.
Concerns or complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about the processing of your personal data or eTownz’s responses to you regarding your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Office of Data Protection Commissioner, [email protected]
For further assistance on Data Protection contact: Data Protection Officer, eTownz, Liffey Trust Centre, Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1
Telephone: (01) 5240040
E-Mail: [email protected]